Tripoli in Barbary W: Hollar fecit, 1676
- Author: HOLLAR, Wenceslas
- Publication place: London
- Publication date: 1676.
- Dimensions: 248 by 331mm. (9.75 by 13 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11361
The map gives a sketch outline of the city of Tripoli, focussing on his walled defences, and principal landmarks, presumably those viewed (and viewable) by the mapmaker from the deck of one of the ships in the harbour.
Prepared to illustrate Sir John Narborough’s Particular Narrative of the burning in the port of Tripoli four men of war (London, 1676) but seemingly issued separately.
- Pennington: Descriptive Catalogue Of The Work Of Wenceslas Hollar, 1203.
- Pennington, R. (2002). A descriptive catalogue of the etched work of Wenceslaus Hollar, 1607–1677. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.