Nouveau Plan Routier de la Ville et Faubourgs de Paris.
- Author: DAVIDS, Rupert
- Publication place: Crayford
- Publication date: 6 August, 1768.
- Physical description: Engraved plan printed in rose madder on calico.
- Dimensions: 680 by 745mm. (26.75 by 29.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 14386
Cartographic works bearing the Davids imprint are extremely rare: we have only been able to trace a handkerchief titled ‘A Scale of Distances of the Principal Cities & Towns in England’, dated by 1763; and a reference to the present item in the magazine ‘Le Gaulois’ of 25 June 1896:
“One of the most interesting gifts was made to the musée Carnevalet by M. Le Vayer, conservator of the museum: an example of “Nouveau plan routier de la ville et des faubourgs de Paris”, printed by R. Davids Crayford, in 1768”. This example is printed on canvas and appears to be unique in this state.“
Copac and Worldcat record no institutional examples. The BNF contains a photographic reproduction of the piece.