Early nineteenth century Scotland
By KIRKWOOD, J., 1804
This Map of Scotland Cinstructed from the best Authorities by J. Kirkwood & Sons, is Respectfully Dedicated to Brgr. Genl. Dirom of Mount Annan
- Author: KIRKWOOD, J.
- Publication place: Edinburgh & London
- Publisher: Published as the Act directs by J. Kirkwood & Sons, Cheyne & Buchanan Street, & William Faden Charing Cross
- Publication date: 1804.
- Physical description: Engraved map, fine original full-wash colour, dissected and mounted on linen, inset map of the Orkney Islands, and the Shetland Islands, tables listing military districts, population, navigable rivers, and a brief history, tables of distances, mail and stage coaches from Edinburgh, ferries from Leith, Queensferry, Dundee, and Port Glasgow to Craigend, and routes made by Pennant, Dr. Garnett, Lettice, and Campbell, folding into original green marbled paper slipcase, with publisher’s label, and key to map, rubbed.
- Dimensions: 710 by 580mm (28 by 22.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 2241