Diakoff’s pictorial wall map of China
By DIAKOFF, John A., 1931
Map of China.
- Author: DIAKOFF, John A.
- Publication place: Harbin
- Publisher: The Northern Trading Company and Mr V.F. Yao-Hsuin
- Publication date: 1931.
- Physical description: Large lithographic pictorial wall map, overall age-toned.
- Dimensions: 1536 by 2044mm. (60.5 by 80.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 15087
The map was compiled by John A. Diakoff and drawn by G. Primakoff. It covers the whole of China from Kashgar and Yarken to Korea and Japan, and from Mongolia to Nepal. Several vignettes illustrate a diversity of plants, animals, cultures, architecture, and resources. The text annotations are both in English and Chinese.
John Diakoff was the ‘Scientific Collaborator of the former Russian Orientalist’s Society’, which was a Russian group based in Harbin, China.