Detailed plan of the French army camp near Worms, established 27th May 1735, during the Rhineland campaign
Camp de Psisilkom Estably le 27 May 1735.
- Publication date: 27th May, 1735.
- Physical description: Manuscript plan with original hand-colour, dissected and mounted on linen, key lower left.
- Dimensions: 220 by 460mm (8.75 by 18 inches).
- Inventory reference: 2758
All the regiments are named to in a key to the lower left, and are colour coded: infantry yellow; dragoons red; and cavalry green.
Scale: (approx.) 4cm to 1km.
Charles Louis d’Albert de Luynes (1717–1771) was a French nobleman and member of the House of Albert. He was the fifth Duke of Luynes as well as Duke of Chevreuse.
He took part in the war in 1733 in the War of the Polish Succession. He also took part in campaigns in 1735 and 1745, the latter in the War of the Austrian Succession, and was injured in combat at Sahay at the head of the Dragoons. He participated in the attack of Prague in 1742, and also assisted in various sieges and battles of the era.
In 1754, he was created a Colonel General of the Dragoons. From 1757 to 1771, he was the Gouverneur de Paris (Military governor of Paris), an ancient and prestigious rank representing the king in the capital. He also was created a Knight of the Order of the Holy Spirit at Versailles on 2 February 1759.
He died in Paris in his Hôtel. He was buried at the Chapelle de Saint Jean l’Évangeliste at the Église Saint-Sulpice, Paris.