De Ram’s map of London
By DE RAM, Johannes, 1690
Londini Angliae Regni Metropolis Novissima & Accuratissima Autore Ioanne de Ram
- Author: DE RAM, Johannes
- Publication place: Amsterdam
- Publication date: c1690
- Physical description: Engraved print with contemporary colour.
- Dimensions: 525 by 610mm. (20.75 by 24 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12385
The two trompe l’oeil cartouches contain a numbered key of places in Southwark and the city of London. At the upper corner are three more cherubs supporting the arms of England with William’s crown on top and the arms of the City of London.
The map was republished in the same year by Jacob de la Feuille in Paris.
- Howgego 40.
- Howgego, J. (1978). Printed maps of London, circa 1553–1850. Folkestone: Dawson.