- Author: DE JODE, Cornelius
- Publication place: Antwerp
- Publisher: Collectore Cornelio de Iudeis
- Publication date: 1593
- Physical description: Double-page engraved map, fine original hand-colour.
- Dimensions: 365 by 450mm (14.25 by 17.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12232
The map is based upon the work of the Portuguese Jorge de Barbuda, whose map of China appeared in the work of de Jode’s competitor, Ortelius, in 1584. The circular map is framed by elaborate strap-work and four vignettes of Far Eastern life: fish-catching cormorants; a fishing boat with a chimney-topped cabin with a pen attached to the side sheltering domestic fowl; the worship of a triple-headed deity; and the famous wind carts depicted on many early European maps of the region, including those of Hondius and Speed.
- Van der Krogt 8410:32.
- Koeman, C and van der Krogt, Pieter (2000–2010). Koeman’s Atlantes Neerlandici. MS’t Goy-Houten: HES & De Graaf Publishers. 9 vols.