Daw’s detailed plan of mid-Victorian St Pancras
By DAW, Edmund, 1880
Map of the Parish of St Pancras in the County of Middlesex 1874. The map is made to the order of the Vestry of the Parish of St. Pancras and published by their Obedient Servant Edmund Daw.
- Author: DAW, Edmund
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Published by E. Daw, 114 Fetter Lane
- Publication date: 1880.
- Physical description: Large folding engraved plan with contemporary hand-colour in full, laid down on linen in 27 sections, folding into original publisher’s green cloth covers.
- Dimensions: 1600 by 760mm (63 by 30 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11446
Large scale Victorian plans are particularly rare, the present plan is no exception. We are only able to trace one institutional example, that in the British Library.
Approximately 5 statue miles to 1 inch.
- BL 31.a.38