Daw’s detailed plan of mid-Victorian St Pancras
By DAW, Edmund, 1874
Map of the Parish of St Pancras in the County of Middlesex 1874. The map is made to the order of the Vestry of the Parish of St. Pancras and published by their Obedient Servant Edmund Daw.
- Author: DAW, Edmund
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Published by E. Daw, 114 Fetter Lane
- Publication date: 1874.
- Physical description: Large engraved plan, dissected and mounted on linen, fine original full-wash colour, list of Ecclesiastical districts upper left, list of wards with their distinguishing colours lower right, folding into original red cloth covers, lettered in gilt.
- Dimensions: 760 by 1600mm. (30 by 63 inches).
- Inventory reference: 2239
The plan is orientated with north to the right, and extends west to east from the Royal Zoological Gardens, to the Euston Station and north to south from Highgate to University College London. The plan is coloured according to wards and has a key to ecclesiastical districts to the upper left.
Large scale Victorian plans are particularly rare, the present plan is no exception. We are only able to trace one institutional example, that in the British Library.
Approximately 5 statue miles to 1 inch.