Cuba — Port Moa
By WALKER, J., 1824
The Port of Cayomoa on the North Coast of Cuba From a Spanish printed Plan.
- Author: WALKER, J.
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Hydrographical Office of the Admiralty
- Publication date: 7th Oct 1824.
- Physical description: Engraved chart.
- Dimensions: 205 by 260mm. (8 by 10.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11688
The title states that the chart was copied from a ‘Spanish printed Plan’, this refers to the ‘Portulano de la America Setentrional’ a work published by the Spanish Admiralty in 1809, and containing 111 charts of the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico. A second edition of the pilot was published in 1818 with 121 charts.
John Walker, founding members of the Royal Geographic Society, was a leading mapmaker and engraver working in London in the first half of the nineteenth century. He is known to have produced numerous charts for James Horsburgh and the Admiralty.