Cruchley’s New Plan of London in Miniature
By CRUCHLEY, [George Frederick], 1838
Cruchley’s New Plan of London Shewing all the New and Intended Improvements to the Present Time.
- Author: CRUCHLEY, [George Frederick]
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Cruchley Map Seller from Arrowsmith’s, 38 Ludgate Street. St. Pauls
- Publication date: 1831
- Physical description: Engraved plan, dissected and mounted on linen, hand-coloured in outline,housed within original green marbled paper slipcase, with publisher’s printed yellow label, rubbed.
- Dimensions: 500 by 990mm. (19.75 by 39 inches).
- Inventory reference: 1752
This is the third issue of his London map, which was updated to 1856. The 1831 edition shows both old and new London Bridge.
Scale: 3 3/4 inches to 1 statute mile.
- Howgego 307 (5).
- Howgego, J. (1978). Printed maps of London, circa 1553–1850. Folkestone: Dawson.