Coronelli globe gore of the northern Pacific
By CORONELLI, Vicenzo Maria, 1701
Mare del Sud, cosi detto dagli Holladesi.
- Author: CORONELLI, Vicenzo Maria
- Publication place: [Venice
- Publisher: Girolamo Albrizzi for Coronelli
- Publication date: c1697-1701].
- Physical description: Engraved globe gore.
- Dimensions: 500 by 430mm. (19.75 by 17 inches).
- Inventory reference: 17578
Elegantly decorated gore from Coronelli’s ‘Libro dei Globi’ of the northern Pacific, extending from Japan to the Ladrone, or Mariana Islands, in Micronesia. Highly decorative, Coronelli’s globe gores were published as part ten of Coronelli’s ‘Atlante Veneto’, his geographical opus. The globe gores were first published in 1688, and were either made into globes, sold together unassembled, or sold separately. They were also published as the ‘Libro dei Globi’, and within the general title ‘Atlante Veneto’.