Colony of Hong Kong
Map of the Colony of Hong Kong.
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Waterlow & Sons Limited
- Publication date: c1900
- Physical description: Colour lithographed map, small split at one of the folds.
- Dimensions: 328 by 388mm. (13 by 15.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 15249
Roads are marked with black lines, and telegraphs with lines of alternate dots and dashes. Towns and cities are marked with white circles, and police stations with red circles. Notable mountains are marked with triangles and their height in feet.
The map was printed by Waterlow and Sons, a leading British printer specialising in currency and stamps, who were susbsequently involved in the Portuguese Bank Note Crisis in 1925, when they were tricked into printing forged Portuguese bank notes by the fraudster Artur Alves Reis.