Cities and Time Zones
By BACON, George Washington, 1909
North Polar Regions & Universal Time Chart.
- Author: BACON, George Washington
- Publication place: [London
- Publisher: Bacon’s Geographical Establishment
- Publication date: 1909].
- Physical description: Chromolithograph map.
- Dimensions: 343 by 261mm. (13.5 by 10.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 16402
The 48 large clocks surrounding the map show the mean solar time for the major cities of the world — such as New York, Peking, and Paris — when the time is noon at Greenwich, while the 36 smaller dials indicate the time for each ten degree of longitude.
The map was published in George Washington Bacon, ‘Universal Atlas of the World’.