Map of Victoria, Hong Kong.
- Author: ANONYMOUS
- Publication place: Hong Kong
- Publisher: On sale at Brewer & Co. Booksellers, Pedder Street, Opposite Hongkong Hotel
- Publication date: c1933
- Physical description: Lithographed map.
- Dimensions: 485 by 635mm (19 by 25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11974
The plan is orientated with south at the top. It depicts the northern coast of the Hong Kong Island, and stretches west to east from the Victoria, and the Wellington Barracks, to the China Merchant’s Wharf and the University of Hong Kong. The mapping of the urban areas are very detailed, labelling every street and shown the outline of all major buildings and facilities.
Several important public buildings are shown, including Government House, City Hall, and the Murray Barracks, as well as the great private mansions that graced the mid levels above the town. Victoria Peak is shown, schematically rising above the city. Immediately to the east of Victoria, beyond the Cricket Ground, is the Royal Navy Yard, the headquarters of the British Navy in East Asia.