Eigendlicher abriss der Stadt Pilsen in Böhmen wie dieselbige den 11/21 Novemb. Anno 1618 Belägert
- Author: Anonymous
- Publication place: Prague
- Publication date: ca.1620.
- Physical description: Engraved map on two sheets joined.
- Dimensions: 510 by 530mm. (20 by 20.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11366
The Protestant commander Ernst von Mansfeld resolved to attack Pilsen, where many Catholics were assembling. The siege began on 19th September, 1618; without the manpower for an all-out assault, Mansfeld settled down for a siege, bombarding the walls until, on 21st November, a breach was made, through which the Protestant troops broke in, and the city was captured.
Although unsigned, there are elements of similarity, but nothing more substantial, with the early work of Wenceslas Hollar, a native of Prague, published by Abraham Hogenberg in the first years of the 1630s (for example, Turner, Wenceslas Hollar, I, 96, 97 and 106).