Big-Game Hunting in and around Shanghai
By WATERS, Thomas J., 1880
Map of the Country around Shanghai compiled from the best authorities with numerous additions from actual survey.
- Author: WATERS, Thomas J.
- Publication place: [?Shanghai]
- Publication date: 1880.
- Physical description: Lithographed map, dissected and laid down on linen in 24 sections, with contemporary hand-colour in full; preserved in original publisher’s green cloth slipcase.
- Dimensions: 880 by 960mm. (34.75 by 37.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 14974
This map also appeared in cyanotype, probably originally drawn up as part of Waters’ bid for the commission to construct a new waterworks in Shanghai. Waters was a strong contender in the competition, as he had experience in the field: he was partially responsible for the construction of Japan’s first sewer system.
Rare: OCLC locates only two institutional examples, those in the BnF and University of Chicago.