Map Of the County of Bedford. From an Actual Survey made in the Year 1825
- Author: GREENWOOD, Christopher
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Christopher and John Greenwood
- Publication date: 1825.
- Physical description: Engraved map in fine original full-wash colour, dissected and mounted on linen, housed in green morocco slipcase.
- Dimensions: 1050 by 890mm. (41.25 by 35 inches).
- Inventory reference: 6725
The Greenwoods started in 1817 with Lancashire and Yorkshire, and by 1831 they had covered 34 counties. Their maps were masterpieces of surveying and engraving techniques, and in view of the speed at which they were completed, their accuracy is remarkable. The maps mark the boundaries of the counties, hundreds and parishes. They show churches and chapels, castles and quarries, farmhouses and gentlemen’s seats, heaths and common land, woods, parliamentary representatives and distances between towns.