Nouvelle Carte Géographique et des Postes de l’Europe d’aprés la derniére Division des Etats et Pays, et ensuite des Traités les plus récens.
- Author: ARROWSMITH, Aaron
- Publication place: Vienna
- Publisher: Artaria and Company
- Publication date: 1807.
- Physical description: Engraved map, dissected in sixteen sheets and laid on linen.
- Dimensions: 1230 by 1420mm. (48.5 by 56 inches).
- Inventory reference: 10830
Aaron Arrowsmith (1750–1823), was the founder of the Arrowsmith dynasty of cartographers. He made a name for himself in 1790 with a Mercator world map, and rose to the position of Hydrographer to the Prince of Wales in 1810 and to the King in 1820.
The publishers, Carlo and Francesco Artaria, originally founded their publishing house in Vienna in 1770 for art and maps. They started printing music eight years later, and went on to publish the work of Joseph Hadyn and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.