“and the intended New Docks of Saint Catherine’s with all the New Buildings …”
By CRUCHLEY, [George Frederick], 1838
Cruchley’s New Plan of London Improved Including the East and West India Docks.
- Author: CRUCHLEY, [George Frederick]
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Cruchley Map Seller from Arrowsmith’s, 38 Ludgate Street. St. Pauls
- Publication date: 1838
- Physical description: Engraved plan, dissected and mounted on linen, hand-coloured in outline, together with a 42pp. street index, bookplate of John Griffith to verso, both housed within original green cloth slipcase, with publisher’s printed yellow label.
- Dimensions: 500 by 990mm. (19.75 by 39 inches).
- Inventory reference: 1838
This is the of his London map, which was updated to 1846. The 1838 edition shows the London Docks “and the intended New Docks of Saint Catherine’s with all the New Buildings …” (front cover).
Scale: 4 7/8 inches to 1 statute mile.
- Howgego 304 B (10).
- Howgego, J. (1978). Printed maps of London, circa 1553–1850. Folkestone: Dawson.