A New Chart of the World on Mercator’s Projection with the Tracks of the Most Celebrated & Recent Navigators. Engraved by John Dower, Pentonville.
- Author: TEESDALE, Henry
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Published By Henry Teesdale & Co., Brunswick Row, Queens Square, London
- Publication date: 1842.
- Physical description: Large engraved map on four sheets, fine original full wash colour, edged in green silk, dissected and mounted on linen, folding into maroon morocco covers, lavishly gilt.
- Dimensions: 2010 by 1300mm (79.25 by 51.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 1762
A fine copy of this large world wall map. The fledgling Republic of Texas, declared in 1836, is recognised in this edition of the map, while English and American claims to the Oregon territory are noted. The latest additions record Dumont D’Urville’s discoveries of 1840 in Antarctica.