A Voyage round the World
By WALLIS, Edward, 1823
Wallis’s New Game, Exhibiting a Voyage round The World.
- Author: WALLIS, Edward
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Published by E. Wallis, 42 Skinner Street and 12 High Street, Islington
- Publication date: c1823
- Physical description: Engraved game map with hand colour, dissected and mounted on linen, folding into original cloth slipcase, lettered in gilt.
- Dimensions: 490 by 630mm (19.25 by 24.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 10796
The sheet contains the world in two conjoined hemispheres with 5 additional hemispheres around the outside consisting of ‘Geographical Circles,’ ‘Zones, ’ ‘Parallels of Latitude,’ ‘Meridians,’ and an ‘Explanation of Geographical Characters.’ The players circumnavigate the world traveling east around Africa, through India, ‘New Holland’ then north to China and Japan, then south through North and South America, west to New Zealand the Pacific Islands before crossing back to the South Atlantic and returning to port in London.