A reduction of Ughi’s grand plan of Venice
By VIERO, Teodoro, after UGHI, Ludovico, 1810
Nuovo Pianta Iconografica dell’Inchita Citta di Venetia
- Author: VIERO, Teodoro, after UGHI, Ludovico
- Publication place: In Venezia
- Publisher: Presso Teodoro Viero
- Publication date: 1810.
- Physical description: Double-page engraved map (384 by 531mm to the neatline) with contemporary hand-colour in outline. Above an extensive engraved key (old vertical fold, lower edge a little frayed).
- Dimensions: 490 by 565mm. (19.25 by 22.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12735
Teodoro Viero (1740–1819), engraver turned publisher, specialised in views of Venice where he lived and worked from 1755. He was not the first to produce a more portable version of Ughi’s 12 sheet map of Venice, as Homann’s heirs had issued a similar but less utilitarian version in the 1730s.