A pictorial plan of downtown Chicago
By The Clason Map Company, 1940
Chicago Motor Coach Pictorial Map of Downtown Chicago.
- Author: The Clason Map Company
- Publication place: Chicago
- Publisher: The Glason Map Company
- Publication date: c.1940
- Physical description: Lithographed map.
- Dimensions: 530 by 830mm. (20.75 by 32.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 11853
George Clason had started his original map company in Denver, after fighting in the Spanish-American War. His success in Denver led to the opening of a second branch in Chicago, to take advantage of both the developing publishing and railway industries. Clason also published the first road atlas of the United States and Canada, and a get-rich-quick manual called ‘The Richest Man in Babylon’, which is still popular today.