A map of Japan from the ‘Imperial Atlas’
By WELLER, Edward, 1880
- Author: WELLER, Edward
- Publication place: Glasgow, Edinburgh & London
- Publisher: Blackie & Son
- Publication date: c1860
- Physical description: Engraved map printed in colours, inset of Yeddo Bay (Tokyo).
- Dimensions: 385 by 290mm. (15.25 by 11.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 15838
Blackie and Son was a publishing house based in Glasgow and London from 1890 to 1991. The ‘Imperial Atlas’ was a political atlas published in multiple editions.
Edward Weller (1819–1884) was a British engraver and cartographer, and pioneered the production of lithographed maps.
- State 3 inset of Yeddo Bay added, and reference of divisions above title.