A map of Japan from Jean Migeon’s ‘Nouvel Atlas Illustre Geographie Universelle’
By MIGEON, Jean; LORSIGNOL, G. after BISET, A., 1899
- Author: MIGEON, Jean; LORSIGNOL, G. after BISET, A.
- Publication place: Paris
- Publisher: Migeon, editeur, imp. du Moulin Vert
- Publication date: c1899
- Physical description: Chromolithograph map, inset maps of the Riu-Kiu islands, upper left view of Tokyo.
- Dimensions: 520 by 390mm. (20.5 by 15.25 inches).
- Inventory reference: 15846
The map marks prefectures, cities and towns, undersea telegraph lines, and railway lines. The railway line is shown extending just beyond Fukushima and Sandai. The southern extension of the railway from Fukushima to Sandai, and Aomaori was begun in 1899.