Carta Topografica della Provincia di Como.
- Author: MONTICELLI, Gaetano & MANZONI, Desiderio
- Publication place: Milan
- Publisher: [Pasquale Artaria]
- Publication date: 1824.
- Physical description: Engraved map, dissected and mounted on linen; an inset view of Como’s harbour and an inset town plan of Como; folding into original green marbled folder and slipcase, manuscript ownership inscription W. M. McKenny, Milan, 1829.
- Dimensions: 1280 by 1060mm. (50.5 by 41.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12882
The map is highly detailed: it includes cities, towns, villages, important palaces as well as geological annotations and the present and planned roads.
The dedication is to Giulio Strassoldo di Sotto (1771–1830), count of Strassoldo, governor of Lombardy and also royal Chamberlain.
A note under the title refers to a Bartolomeo Quadri as the engraver of the mountains.
Rare: Tooley’s Dictionary of Mapmakers only mentions an 1860 reissue.
- Tooley’s Dictionary.
- Tooley, R. (1982). Tooley’s Dictionary of Mapmakers: Supplement. Tring: Map Collector Publications.