- Author: KAMER, William ver [and] MOREL, François
- Publication place: Rotterdam and Dunkerque
- Publication date: 18th century
- Physical description: Circular wooden body (diameter 170mm), engraved card under glass, signed William ver Kamer; engraved card below, hand coloured and highlighted in gold, signed François Morel; inside of binnacle painted dirty white with red lubber line; suspended within brass gimbal.
- Inventory reference: 12773
The Smithsonian holds engravings by a François Morel (France 1768 — Italy 1832), a pupil of Giovanni Volpato who specialised in city and architectural views. He is most famed for his copies of now-lost Pompeian wall paintings, which are kept at the Archaeological Museum in Naples.