Reynolds Astronomical Diagrams
By EMSLIE, John, REYNOLDS, James, 1849
- Author: EMSLIE, John, REYNOLDS, James
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: James Reynolds, 174 Strand
- Publication date: 1849.
- Physical description: Set of twelve hand coloured prints on card, some with tissue insets, housed within a red cloth portfolio folder.
- Inventory reference: 12584
A number of cards have tissue paper backings and holes in the card in order to allow the user to hold them up to the light and see the stars, planets or phases of the Moon displayed as light areas against a darker background.
Reynolds’ educational diagrams received a prize medal at the International Exhibition of 1862.