East India Company Purser’s Document and Chart Case
- Author: Anonymous
- Publication date: c1830
- Physical description: Black leather purser’s case, with some fine leather work, and brass clasp, brass plaque inscribed Mr F. H. Halpen H.E.I.C.S., lined in blue cloth.
- Dimensions: 450 by 640 by 125mm (17.75 by 25.25 by 4.75 inches).
- Inventory reference: 2980
The Asiatic Journal records three voyages where Mr Halpin was purser:
1. 1828–29 — to Bengal and China
2. 1830–31 — to Bengal and China
3. 1832–33 — to Bombay and China.
The H.E.I.C.S. Farquharson at 1300 tons was one of the larger vessels chartered by the East India Company, she is known to have undertaken 6 voyages to the Far East, under the direction of Captain Christian Lockmer.