Parts for a Klinger globe
By KLINGER, Johann Georg, 1800
[Broadsheet: parts of a globe]
- Author: KLINGER, Johann Georg
- Publication place: Nuremberg
- Publisher: Johann Georg Klinger
- Publication date: c1800.
- Physical description: Engraved broadsheet of a horizon ring and four polar calottes, names in German and Latin, fine contemporary hand colour.
- Dimensions: 360 by 255mm. (14.25 by 10 inches).
- Inventory reference: 12028
The present broadsheet provides some of the elements required for the construction of a 5½ inch globe.
- Dekker, p.384.
- Dekker, Elly. (1999). Globes at Greenwich: A Catalogue of Globes and Armillery Spheres at the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich. Oxford: Oxford University Press and the National Maritime Museum.