[Celestial Planisphere] Planisphère céleste mobile pour l’Horizon de Paris dressé sous la direction de Camille Flammarion par Léon Fenet.
- Author: FLAMMARION, Camille.
- Publication place: 44 Rue N.D. des Champs, Paris
- Publisher: THOMAS, G.
- Publication date: c.1880
- Physical description: Lithograph circular celestial chart printed in colours (500mm diameter) mounted on pine board rotating on a brass pin, with apertures for calendar and map of the heavens, the surround printed with instructions for use.
- Dimensions: 557 by 545mm. (22 by 21.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 2312
The text in the four corners of the chart gives some example exercises in astronomical calculation, concluding: “In a word, this mobile Planisphère solves all issues related to the apparent position of the stars, the Sun, Moon and planets [to the horizon of Paris], and gives the simplest and easiest way to find these stars in the sky without having studied previously”.