The Pendarves copy of the first edition of Ackermann’s Oxford
By ACKERMANN, Rudolph, 1814
A History of The University of Oxford, its colleges, halls, and public buildings. In two volumes.
- Author: ACKERMANN, Rudolph
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: for R. Ackermann, by L. Harrison and J. C. Leigh
- Publication date: 1814.
- Physical description: 2 volumes, quarto (345 by 282 mm). 115 hand-coloured aquatint plates, including the portraits of founders in line and stipple with aquatint backgrounds, and costume plates coloured line- and stipple-engraving, with half-titles and list of subscribers, nineteenth century diced russia, covers decorated in blind and gilt tooled borders, spine in 6 compartments separated by raised bands richly gilt, lettered in gilt in the second and fifth compartment, upper cover to volume one detached, bookplate of “E.W. Wynne Pendarves”, all edges gilt.
- Inventory reference: 1945
- Tooley 5
- Abbey Scenery 280.