The height of Empire
By MARTIN, Robert Montgomery, 1834
History of the British Colonies…
- Author: MARTIN, Robert Montgomery
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Cochrane and M’Crone
- Publication date: 1834–1835.
- Physical description: 6 volumes: 5 text volumes, one atlas volume. Octavo, 9 folding engraved maps, 17 full-page maps, all with contemporary hand-colour in outline, some backed on linen, folding letterpress table; contemporary full tan calf, gilt.
- Dimensions: 220 by 130mm. (8.75 by 5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 16339
The nine folding maps include: ‘Political Map of India’, ‘West India Islands’, ‘British Possessions in North America’, ‘New Brunswick and Nova Scotia Land Company’, ‘Prince Edward Island’, ‘…Townships in the Province of Upper Canada’, ‘…Eastern Townships of Lower Canada’, ‘British Possessions in Africa and Australia’, and ‘British Possessions in Europe’.
2. Late nineteenth/early twentieth century armorial bookplate.