The first edition of John Smith voyages to be published in Virginia
By SMITH, Captain John, 1819
The True Travels, Adventures and Observations of Captaine John Smith in Europe, Asia, Africke, and America: beginning about the yeere 1593, and continued to this present 1629… from the London edition of 1629.
- Author: SMITH, Captain John
- Publication place: Richmond
- Publisher: Republished at the Franklin Press, William W. Gray, printer
- Publication date: 1819.
- Physical description: Two volumes. Octavo, engraved frontispiece to each volume, two folding engraved plates of vignettes, folding map, early repairs to verso, browned; contemporary American tree calf, gilt, crimson morocco lettering-pieces to spines, rubbed.Collation: Volume I: A(5), B‑Z(4), 2A‑L(4), 2K(2); , 247, pp; volume II: [-](6), B‑z(4), 2A‑L(4),2M(1); xii, 282pp.
- Dimensions: 210 by 130mm. (8.25 by 5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 16338
2. Ownership inscriptions of Alexander River Skinker, dated 1904 on each first blank.
- cf. Burden 164
- Verner (MCC-45) page 28