Rare index to a Martyn’s large scale map of Cornwall
By MARTYN, Thomas, 1816
A Complete Index to Martyn’s Large Scale of the County of Cornwall and of those parts of the county of Devon , which lie To the West of the River Tamar to which is added a short account of the Archdeacomry of Cornwall.
- Author: MARTYN, Thomas
- Publication place: Bodmin and London
- Publisher: Printed by J. Liddell; and Sold by Law and Whittaker
- Publication date: 1816.
- Physical description: Small quarto (230 by 150mm), title, advert, contents, 95 pp., interleaved with modern paper, three of the modern leaves containing manuscript detailing names of the non-subscribers included on Martyn’s map, 18 leaves in manuscript of Cornish seats noted Norden, Martyn, Lyson,and Gilbert, modern half calf over brown marbled paper boards, lettered in gilt to spine.
- Dimensions: 230 by 150mm. (9 by 6 inches).
- Inventory reference: 2392
Rare we are only able to trace four institutional copies of the present work.