Imago Mundi No. 29
By The Journal of the International Society for the History of Cartography, 1977
Imago Mundi No. 29 (Second Series, Volume 3)
- Author: The Journal of the International Society for the History of Cartography
- Publication place: Lympne Castle, Kent
- Publisher: Imago Mundi Ltd.
- Publication date: 1977.
- Physical description: Hardcover, bound in blue cloth, 128 pages.Articles include:‘William Roy’s maps, mathematical instruments and library: The Christie’s sale of 1790’, J. B. Harley & Gwyn Walters; ‘Thomas Hornor: Pictural land surveyor’, Ralph Hyde; ‘Notes on the various issues of Sir Richard Griffith’s quarter-inch Geological Map of Ireland, 1839–1855’, Gordon L. Davies; ‘Viglius of Aytta, sixteenth century map collector’, E. H. Waterbolk; ‘Kosciuzko as Military Cartographer and Engineer in America’, Peter J. Guthorn; ‘Kaloyeros: An Atlantis in microcosm?’, W. Sidney Allen; ‘An early chart of the mediterranean by Nicholas Comberford, 1626’, T. R. Smith; ‘Peter Gedda’s Maritime atlas of the Baltic, 1695’, Ulla Ehrensvard; ‘A Proposed photographic method of assessing the accuracy of old maps’, Harry Margary.
- Inventory reference: 2008