The Map That Came to Life.
- Author: DEVERSON, H.J. and LAMPITT, Ronald
- Publication place: Oxford
- Publisher: Oxford University Press
- Publication date: 1948.
- Physical description: Printed book, several small tears to first pages, original dustjacket, some tears, bookplate from Twyford School.
- Dimensions: 220 by 280mm. (8.75 by 11 inches).
- Inventory reference: 10867
A children’s book telling the story of two siblings who navigate their way to a county fair using an Ordnance Survey map, learning how to use it and read the symbols in the process. John and Joanna set out for Dumbleford and on the way the map ‘comes to life’ as they learn how it relates to the actual countryside, and throws up several adventures on the way.