“a work of extraordinary care and scientific thoroughness [which] became the standard nautical dictionary until the end of sail”
By FALCONER, William, 1769
An Universal Dictionary of the Marine: or, a copious explanation of the technical technical terms and phases…
- Author: FALCONER, William
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Printed for T. Cadell in the Strand
- Publication date: 1769.
- Physical description: Quarto (265 by 200mm), first edition , list of subscribers, 12 folding engraved plates, a few minor tears to plates at guards, book plate of Assheton Curzon, contemporary speckled calf, spine in six compartments separated by raised bands, rebacked.
- Inventory reference: 1944