A monumental record of Britain’s ecclesiastical architecture
By DUGDALE, sir William & Roger DODSWORTH, 1655
Monasticon Anglicum, sive Pandectae coenobiorum Benedictionorum Cluniascensium Cisterciensium Carthusianorum a primordiis ad Londinensis, Eboracensis; Curiarum Scaccarii, Augmentationum; bibliothecis Bodleianae, Coll. Reg. Coll. Bened. Arundellianae, Cottonianae, Seldenianae, Hattonianae aliisque digesti
- Author: DUGDALE, sir William & Roger DODSWORTH
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Typis Richardi Hodginsonne
- Publication date: 1655
- Physical description: First edition. Three volumes, folio (335 by 217mm).Volume one: Additional engraved title, title printed in red and black, 21ff., pp.18, , 19–1151, , 58 plates, illustrated coats of arms, genealogical tables, maps and plans, engraved by Daniel King, Wenceslaus Hollar, and Robert Vaughan. London, Typis Richardi Hodginsonne, 1655. Volume two: title printed in red and black, 10ff., pp.72, 71–94, 87–732, 735–828, , 831‑1057,  indices, 18 plates,illustrations, portraits, and plans by Wenceslaus Hollar. London Typis Aliciae Warren, 1661.Volume three: title printed in red and black, 2ff., pp.292, , 218, 30 (?of 31) plates, illustrations and plans engravedby Wenceslaus Hollar after Richard Hall (includes “The daunce of the Machabree by John Lydgate in verse (p367-374, 2nd sequence); the engraved illustration of Death leading all estates by Hollar, after the original by Hans Holbein), Savoy [i.e.London], Excudebat Tho. Newcomb, 1673.Later gilt panelled diced Russia, rebacked to style, spines gilt with double olive morocco lettering pieces, corners worn.
- Dimensions: 335 by 217mm. (13.25 by 8.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 18639
Charles Tennant (bookplate)
- Pennington 227, 956A‑B, 962, 963, 963A‑B, 965B, 973C‑D, 975, 976, 1041, 1042, 1042A, 1064, 1955, 1957–9, 2260
- Adams, ‘London Illustrated 1643–1851’, 1983, 122