A fantastic artistic recreation of ancient Jerusalem, complete with the Temple envisaged before its destruction
The Holy Bible: Containing the Bookes of the Old & New Testament, [together with] The Book of Common Prayer, and Administration of the Sacrements: And other Rites and Ceremonies of the Church of England; with the Pslater, or Pslams of David.
- Publication place: Cambridge
- Publisher: J. Field
- Publication date: 1659–1660.
- Physical description: 3 parts in 2 volumes, folios (450 by 280mm), Red ruled throughout, 8 engraved plates of which 7 double-page or folding, comprising a large double-page view of the Garden of Eden by Pierre Lombart, 4 architectural plates of which 3 double-page, 3 engraved maps of the Holy Land comprising 1 panoramic view of Jerusalem, 1 plate of the English Royal arms, all by Wencelsaus Hollar, early nineteenth century diced Russia gilt, rebacked to style, slices gilt. The Cancel leaf is lacking at volume 1, corners worn, occasional light damp-staining just affecting the extreme edges of some margins.Collation: (vol.1) , 8 ff., A6-Z6, 2A6-2Z6,3A6-[3L5‑6] 3Z6, 4A6-4Z8; (vol.2) a6-y3, 1 f., A6-Z6, 2A6-2E8, 2 ff., A‑Z, 2a-2l
- Inventory reference: 18637
- NHG Hollar 1731–1734
- Pennington, 692, 1130 1131, 1134, 1135, 2422
- Wing B2258
- Darlow & Moule, 668.