Roux’s large and detailed chart of the Mediterranean on twelve sheets
By ROUX, Joseph [and] DEPOT DE LA MARINE, 1772
Composite Pilot of 20 charts
- Author: ROUX, Joseph [and] DEPOT DE LA MARINE
- Publication place: [?Marseilles
- Publisher: ?Joseph Roux
- Publication date: 1772].
- Physical description: Folio (650 by 400mm), 20 engraved folding charts, contemporary blind stamped calf, lettered in gilt, spine in eight compartments, separated by raised bands.
- Inventory reference: 1036
Roux’s charts are supplemented here by eight further charts. Produced by the Depot de la Marine between 1751–1772, the charts cover the Marmara Sea; the European coasts from the Baltic to the Straits of Gibraltar; and the north and south Atlantic.
- Shirley, BL, M.Roux 2‑a.
- Shirley, Rodney. (2004). Maps in the Atlases of the British Library: A descriptive catalogue cAD850 to 1800. London: British Library. 2 vols.