An Atlas of the British Islands.
- Author: PHILLIPS, Richard
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Printed for Richard Philips
- Publication date: 1808
- Physical description: 4to (210 by 135mm), title, contents, and 46 engraved maps, fine original hand-colour, red half-calf over original brown paper boards, rebacked and recornered.
- Inventory reference: 2497
The atlas consists of a general map of the British Isles, 40 maps of the English counties, a map of Wales, maps of the north and south of both Scotland and Ireland. Each county is coloured by hundreds, and shows cities, county towns, market towns, boroughs with number of members returned, roads, rivers, canals, railways, and county and hundred boundaries; tables list the number of market towns, parishes, inhabited houses, inhabitants, acreage — arable and pasture, and number of M.P.s.
- Chubb CCCXXVII
- Chubb, T., Skells, J. and Beharrell, H. (1977). The printed maps in the atlases of Great Britain and Ireland. Folkestone: Dawson.