Lothian’s County Atlas of Scotland.
- Author: LOTHIAN, John
- Publication place: Edinburgh:
- Publisher: J. Lothian, Glasgow: Jackson & Cowan; London: J. Duncan
- Publication date: 1826 ‑1829.
- Physical description: 4to (290 by 225mm) 2 parts in one volume, engraved title, frontispiece (dated 1829), and 33 engraved maps hand-coloured in outline, second part, engraved title and engraved maps numbered 34–41 (one map incorrectly numbered 37 instead of 36), hand-coloured in outline, late 19th century half calf, a few marginal tears to text, a little light dust-soiling.
- Inventory reference: 12799
John Lothian was an Edinburgh geographer and publisher who issued atlases of Scotland and its counties from 1825 to 1835, a General Atlas in 1834, and The People’s Atlas in 1846.
Rare we are only able to trace four institutional examples: The National Library of Scotland, University College Library Cambridge, Staatsbibliothek Berlin, and The British Library.