French pilot of the British Isles
By DEPOT GENERALE DE LA MARINE, 1776
Le pilote des Iles Britanniques, publie d’apres les ordres du Contre-amiral Decres
- Author: DEPOT GENERALE DE LA MARINE
- Publication date: c.1776
- Physical description: Large folio (650 by 510mm). Letterpress title, contents and 32 double-page charts, contemporary mottled calf with gilt roll-tooled border, rebacked.
- Inventory reference: 1946
As with the Neptune Francois, this volume was made up from the charts available to the French Admiralty. They range in date over half a century, from those compiled by J.-N. Bellin to the charts of England’s south coast harbours, prepared for Napoleon. There are two general charts of the North Atlantic followed by detailed charts covering the whole of the British Isles (particularly places of strategic importance such as the Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, Torbay and Plymouth).
- Phillips, Atlases 8000
- Phillips, P. (1909–1992). A list of goegrpahical atlases in the Library of Congress. Washington: Govt. Print. Off.
- not in the British Library or NMM