The Lighting Colomne or Sea-Mirrour, containing the sea-coasts of the Northern, Eastern and Western Navigation …
- Author: GOOS, Pieter
- Publication place: Amsterdam
- Publisher: Peter Goos, dwelling on the Water, hard by the New Bridge, at the Signe of the golden Sea-mirrour
- Publication date: 1662.
- Physical description: Two parts in one volume, folio atlas (460 by 290mm), title, two volvelles, 63 engraved charts (mostly double-page, a few folding or within text), numerous coastal profiles, some off-setting and even age-toning, charts 5, 21, 30, and 37 cropped to neatline, modern blind-stamped calf by Sangorski & Sutcliffe, spine in six compartments separated by raised bands, gilt.
- Inventory reference: 1017
Following pilot guide convention, the work opens with a treatise on the art of navigation and then goes on to detail northern and eastern navigational routes (the Dutch coast, through Scandinavia to the White Sea and Archangel) and the western navigation (from the Netherlands to the Barbary Coast via the Atlantic Coast).
- Koeman, Goos 35
- Koeman, C. (1967). Atlantes Neerlandici. Amsterdam: Theatrum Orbis Terrarum. 6 vols.