Traveller’s Companion or, a Delineation of the Turnpike Roads of England and Wales… [bound with] Cary’s New Itinerary: or an Accurate Delineation of the Great Roads…
- Author: CARY, John
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Printed for John Cary Engraver, and Map-seller Strand
- Publication date: 1817.
- Physical description: Small 4to (115 by 180mm), two works in one volume, title, 43 engraved maps (map of Yorkshire folding), original outline hand-colour [bound with] Seventh edition, title, folding map of the British Isles, three advertisement leaves, contents, 20 leaves of index, 123pp. distance tables, one leaf index of rivers, 6 leaves listing cross roads, 26 leaf “Coaching Directory”, and six folding maps, 950pp. “Itinerary”, table of postage rates, and two advertisement leaves at end, all with fine original hand-colour, map of England tightly bound with tear, contemporary tree calf, re-backed preserving original spine.
- Inventory reference: 2503
- Chubb CCCLV
- Chubb, T., Skells, J. and Beharrell, H. (1977). The printed maps in the atlases of Great Britain and Ireland. Folkestone: Dawson.