Cary’s smallest atlas in a red morocco portmanteau binding
By CARY, John, 1817
Traveller’s Companion or, a Delineation of the Turnpike Roads of England and Wales.
- Author: CARY, John
- Publication place: London
- Publisher: Printed for John Cary Engraver, and Map-seller Strand
- Publication date: 1806.
- Physical description: Small 4to (115 by 180mm), title, 43 engraved maps (map of Yorkshire folding within pocket), original outline hand-colour, straight grained red morocco portmanteau binding, lettered in gilt to spine.
- Inventory reference: 2633
- Chubb CCCLV
- Chubb, T., Skells, J. and Beharrell, H. (1977). The printed maps in the atlases of Great Britain and Ireland. Folkestone: Dawson.