Australia, Oceania, World
- Publication place: [Istanbul
- Publication date: c1914].
- Physical description: A separately published blank Ottoman atlas with maps of Australia, Oceania and the World. 8°, 36–42 pp., facing pages marked with the same number, with colour lithographed plates, printed covers, stapled. Small tears in margins, some sheets including the wrappers loose, staple rusty and broken, soft folds, slightly age-toned and stained, some ink staining on the wrappers, otherwise in a good used condition.
- Dimensions: 245 by 188mm. (9.75 by 7.5 inches).
- Inventory reference: 15747
The maps showcase Oceania, South East Asia, Australia, Map of the World with marked, what we surmise is the historical trading area of the Ottoman Empire, Western hemisphere, Eastern Hemisphere, and the two pole projections.
The atlas was advertised as a separate publication in a 1914 Ottoman school atlas showing maps of Africa. According to this, it was published as a part of a series of 6 pamphlets with maps of Europe (2 pamphlets), Asia (1 pamphlet), Africa (2 pamphlets) and Oceania (1 pamphlet). The publications had altogether 42 maps and had a sequel pagination.
This pamphlet with maps numbered between 36 and 42 was possibly the last in the series.
We could not trace any institutional copies on Worldcat.